Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer


[lsvr_content_box]You have several options:

Proof of Service- Ebenefits

  • You can access and print a free Veterans identification proof of service letter through the joint VA/DoD web portal, Ebenefits. This serves as proof of honorable service in the Uniformed Services, as defined in laws about the Department of Defense (DoD)

Veterans can get a free Ebenefits account by going to:



DMV- Veteran ID

Your driver’s license or state identification card can carry a Veteran designation. This option is currently available in 49 states, along with Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. We expect the 50th state, Washington, to offer this service in August 2017. Visit your local DMV with your discharge/DD214 for assistance.


VA Healthcare ID CARD

Veterans who are enrolled in VA health care can obtain a free Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC).

VHA ID are made locally on the following days and times.

Wilmington CBOC:

Mondays 1 pm – 3 pm   Wednesdays 9 am – 12 pm  Fridays 9am – 12pm

Jacksonville CBOC:

Monday & Wednesday 8 am – 12 pm   or Thursday 1 pm – 4 pm

For more information, please go to




Veterans who have retired from military service and/or rated 100% P&T can receive an identification card from DoD. For those rated 100% P&T must take Commissary Letter along with additional documentations needed.

For information on obtaining or renewing such a card, please contact your nearest DoD identification card facility:



If you have your DD214- Contact Pender County Register of Deed about Thank a Vet Program[/lsvr_content_box]

Translate »