Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer


Solid Waste Decal Purchase Procedures for County Residents in Incorporated Areas

Pender County residents in incorporated areas do not receive Pender County Solid Waste decals, due to receiving (and paying for) solid waste services from their municipality. These residents are not charged a solid waste availability fee by Pender County. However, if residents in incorporated areas desire to utilize Pender County Solid Waste Convenience Center sites, they can pay the appropriate availability fee for the Full or Recycle-only decals to gain access. The fee charged for decals is for the complete period of service. All sales are final, and no refunds will be issued. If county decals are purchased, any solid waste fees paid to a municipality will NOT be affected. You will NOT receive a refund of your town’s fees and will still have to pay your town’s fees in the future.

Christmas trees disposal

Pender County residents may dispose of their Christmas trees at the Rocky Point and Hampstead Convenience Centers for three weeks following Christmas.

Christmas lights and ornaments should be removed from the trees prior to disposal.

The Rocky Point Convenience Center is located at 16232 NC Hwy 210. The center is open Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Closed Sundays and Wednesdays.

The Hampstead Convenience Center is open Mondays through Saturdays 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Sundays 1 – 7 p.m. The Hampstead center is located at 250 Transfer Station Rd.

Pender County convenience centers temporarily suspend acceptance of LP Gas Tanks

BURGAW – Due to changes in safety and recent changes in recycling guidelines, Pender County Solid Waste District will not accept LP gas tanks.

“We have taken a large volume of LP gas tanks and at this time we can’t accept more,” said Keel.

Rresidents should contact the original provider of the tank for assistance or contact these possible sources of disposal:

  • Parker Gas, 7491-B Market St., Wilmington, 28411; Call 910-319-4070
  • T. Lee Gas Company, 1760 Carolina Beach Rd., Wilmington, 28401; Call 910-763-1651
  • Blue Rhino Station locations;


Solid Waste Trash and Recycling Sticker Information

Pender County Solid Waste Trash and Recycling Sticker Information

Where can I obtain and pay for the solid waste stickers?

Solid waste stickers can be obtained during business hours from the Hampstead  Transfer Station Scale House and the Burgaw Utilities Office with VISA/MASTER CARD.

 Who receives solid waste stickers and when are they issued?

One set containing two solid waste stickers are issued for one year according the tax rolls payment on both property and personal property taxes. (Personal property is listed if it is a habitable structure with an electric meter.) Only county residents in the unincorporated areas of the county receive solid waste stickers which are issued every year. Form of proof of residence- ID or Driving License, water bill, electric bill or closing statement. They are issued at the end of April or early May 2023.

How do I obtain additional solid waste stickers?

A maximum of two stickers will be issued to the listed taxpayer. Additional solid waste stickers can be obtained at a rate of $40.00 per sticker.

 What if I have a business in the County?

Business and commercial uses are not entitled to the solid waste stickers and must employ a private hauler for their trash and recyclable materials. Non-recyclable materials, excluding trash and recyclable materials, can be taken to the Transfer Station Scale House and a fee imposed according to the current tonnage rate fee.

Vegetation debris disposal

  • Branch and Brush Debris Depot, a new Hampstead-based business located at 21435 U.S. 17, will accept any vegetative debris that can be burned.  Pull-up service is available Mondays – Fridays, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturdays, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. For more information call 910-581-1719.


Construction debris and Large household Items disposal 

Residents who have Solid Waste Decals may use the Burgaw, Willard, Rocky Point Convenience Sites, and the Hampstead Transfer Station to dispose of large household items, and construction debris in the construction debris bins. Loads must be under 200 lbs. once a day.


The Hampstead Transfer Station, located at 250 Transfer Station Rd. off US Hwy 17, will accept household items, carpets or rugs, appliances and metals, tires without rims, construction debris and broken-down pallets.  Loads up to 200 lbs. are free per day if a resident has a Full-Use sticker. However, larger loads are charged $78 a ton. No cash is accepted. The transfer station accepts Visa, Mastercard, or Discover.

The transfer station scale house is open Mondays – Saturdays 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

The website is:


The transfer station will not accept brick, cement, mortar, yard vegetation, paint, oil, gasoline, explosives hazardous materials, batteries, or electronics.

Translate »