Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

Build Responsibly


Things to consider before building:

  • All  building in the floodplain will require a Flood Development Permit.
  • Determine if the lot plan for building meets the setback for new construction.
  • Always check with the Permitting Department 910 259-1202 before you build on, alter, degrade or add fill soil on your property.
  • Report illegal building or filling to the Building Inspections Department at 910 259-1275
  • If you are building in a CAMA area, learn more by reviewing the CAMA Handbook or call the N.C. Department of Environmental Quality 910 796-7221 to schedule a CAMA permit review.
  • If you are in the process of, or planning on, building or retrofitting your home or business in a coastal flood hazard area, have your architect/engineer or contractor use FEMA’s technical resources for Residential Coastal Construction.
  • Permit Office Addresses: Pender County   805 S. Walker Street, Burgaw, NC 28425 and 15060 Highway 17 N Hampstead 17 N Hampstead, NC 28443 Ph. 910 259-1202.
  • Pender County Flood Damager Prevention Ordinance. Information on rules regarding substantial improvements and damage are listed in the County’s ordinance.
  • Substantial Improvement/Substantial Damage Guide From FEMA

Image result for building permit picture

Translate »