Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

Special Assistance Adult Care Home Program

State-County Special Assistance for Adults (SA) provides a cash supplement to help low-income individuals residing in adult care homes (such as rest homes) pay for their care. Adult care homes are unlike nursing homes in that medical care is not provided by home staff. Designated staff may administer medications and provide personal care services such as assistance with bathing, eating, and dressing.

Adult Care Home residents with certain diagnoses may reside within a licensed Special Care Unit in an Adult Care Home. Effective October 1, 2005 the State-County Special Assistance program provides a different rate of cash assistance for Adult Care Home recipients who reside in a Special Care Unit for those diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or a related disorder.

SA/ACH recipients are automatically eligible for Medicaid.

Translate »