Pender County Health Department Provides at-Home COVID-19 Test at No Charge
Pender County Health Department is currently offering free at-home COVID-19 test kits. Test kits are available for pickup with a limit of four per person. Visit either of our locations:
- Pender County Health Department- 803 S. Walker Street, Burgaw
- Hampstead Annex- 15060 NC Hwy 17, Hampstead
- Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. while supplies last.
At-home COVID-19 test kits help reduce the spread of COVID-19 by providing you with results in minutes.
When to use your at-home testing kits:
- You have any COVID-19 symptoms
- You were exposed to someone with COVID-19. NOTE: Test at least 5 days after close contact. The last day of contact is Day 0.
- You are not up-to date for COVID-19 vaccinations
- You are going to an indoor event, gathering, or traveling
- You were asked by your school, workplace, or health care provider to test.
If your test is Positive:
- You are encouraged to report the result to your health care provider or to the health department.
- You should follow CDC Isolation Guidelines cdc.gov Quarantine and Isolation
- Seek medical care immediately if symptoms worsen or you have trouble breathing.
Resources for COVID-19 at-home test kits:
- Households may also order up to eight at-home COVID-19 tests by visiting gov/tests or call 1-800-232-0233
- At-Home Test Map Finder https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/PickUpTests
Questions? Contact Pender County Health Department at 1-910-259-1230at-home covid19 test availability