Updated road impacts
PENDER COUNTY – Pender County Emergency Management urges motorists to stay alert to flooded roadways. As promised, Pender County Emergency Management issued an updated list of roads that are impacted by the recent heavy rains.
“We will continue to monitor roads within Pender County to keep our citizens informed,” Carson Smith, Interim Emergency Manager, said. “We urge motorists if they see swift-moving water on the roadways to turn around, don’t drown.”
Smith said currently the following roads are affected by flooding as of 3 p.m., Feb. 19:
- Riverview Drive along the river
- 485-510 block River Trail
- 0-245 block Rebecca Kennedy Rd
- 500-5100 block Heading Bluff Road
- Patriots Hall Drive past the Ranger Station
- All of Caldonia Creek Rd
- All of Northeast Drive
- 100-849 block Old Blake House Road
- 1500 block of S. Shore Drive
- 1600 block of S. Shore Drive
- 1900 block of S. Shore Drive
- 2400 block of S. Shore Drive
- 2800 block of S. Shore Drive
- 250 Horseshoe Loop
- Old Savanah Road 100 Yards west of Van Eden Rd (Wash Out)
- Juniper Lane at the turn
- Whitestocking Rd near Chorley Drive
- Whitestocking Rd at Mack Williams
“Flooded roadways can make a road surface unstable and drivers may not be aware of dangers beneath the water,” Smith said. “It’s safer to find an alternative route.”
Motorists can find travel alerts and road closures on the North Carolina Department of Transportation’s site, www.DriveNC.gov.
Smith said, based upon the weather forecast, some areas in Pender County will experience river flooding through next weekend.
Pender County Emergency Management will update any changes in road conditions this Saturday and Sunday.
Visit www.FIMAN.nc.gov for the latest flood information from the state’s network of more than 500 river, stream and coastal gauges.
For more information, watch our Pender County Emergency Management website or Facebook. If you have not signed up for the CodeRed alert system, register for free at https://pendercountync.gov/em/notices-base/ or call 910-259-1210 for details.