Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

Opioid Settlement–Strategy Proposal for Pender County–RFP #24-260

In July 2021, Attorney General Josh Stein announced a historic $750 million agreement over an 18-year period that will help bring desperately needed resources to North Carolina communities harmed by the opioid epidemic.  A Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between the State and local governments directs how opioid settlement funds are distributed and used in our state.  To maximize funds flowing to North Carolina communities on the front lines of the opioid epidemic, the MOA allocates 15 percent of settlement funds to the State and sends the remaining 85 percent to North Carolina’s 100 counties and 17 municipalities.  Pender County seeks to fund eligible organizations to the opportunity to implement evidence-based, high impact strategies to address the opioid epidemic in the county.  In addition, the County seeks to build capacity and local infrastructure to respond to the overdose crisis.  The goal is to reduce overdose deaths, emergency department visits for overdose, and illicit opioid involvement.  Pender County Government is scheduled to receive $6, 816, 613 over an 18-year period.  Before spending settlement funds, every local county or municipality must select which opioid mitigation strategies they would like to fund.  In October 2022, the Pender County Health Department convened county agencies and partners to conduct a planning process that included a GAP analysis that included a Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT) Assessment.  Five team meetings were devoted to presentations from stakeholders that reviewed resources that are available to Pender County residents suffering from addiction, in treatment programs, or post-recovery programs.  Three community meetings were held to collect resident input.  Utilizing the information gathered, the team identified three priority strategies.  The top three focus areas are Early Intervention, Recovery Support Services, and Evidence-Based Addiction Treatment.  Proposals shall be submitted related to the three top focus areas in accordance with terms and conditions of RFP # 24-260.  Click here to view the full RFP and Attachment A Project Line Item Budget.  Only written questions will be considered and must be submitted via email to by December 4, 2023 at 5 pm, with “Opioid Settlement – Strategy Proposal for Pender County  – RFP # 24-260” as the subject line.  Proposals shall be limited to 50 pages, and must be submitted no later than 12 noon on January 5, 2024.  Proposals must be submitted by one of the following:  By Mail: Attn: Trisha Newton, PO Box 1578, Burgaw, NC 28425, Reference RFQ # 24-260. By Courier: Attn: Trisha Newton, 805 S. Walker Street, Burgaw, NC 28425, Reference RFQ # 24-260. By Email: .  Interested firms are required to monitor the website for possible addenda.  Pender County reserves the right to reject any/all submissions.

Translate »